Thursday, May 15, 2008

Transport Woes

Having some trouble with Vicroads. They want suspend my licence for 3 months because I have too many demerit points. Or I can opt to be very very good for 12 months, keep my licence, but lose it for 6 months if I earn another point. I only have until June 10 to decide.

This is a problem for work. Some of my options here include:

  1. Holidays, but 3 months is too long
  2. Going overseas for a while, maybe South Africa
  3. Just being really really careful for 12 months
  4. Taking the 3 months and finding another way to get to work (callouts could be a problem)
  5. A combination of 1 and 4 or 1,2 & 4
Any suggestions would be appreciated. In the meantime, I'll have time to think about it while I'm in Tasmania for two weeks starting on May 23.

On a more positive note: I rode Ethel to work today (keeping her in shape while Tim's away). It was good to be up on the old girl again.

Ethel at work

2 comments:

caf said...

Again?
Dad, where do you get all these demerit points from?

Which option did you go with last time? All I remember is that part of it coincided with you going to New Zealand anyway didn't it? Oh and you an Sabine went overseas too right? I forget which island it was.

Will they take both your car license and you bike license? ...I guess so or it wouldn't be such a problem. hmm.

Don't take this too personally, but I don't like your chances of trying to be good for a whole 12 months straight.

I think you should take 3 months and come visit me and Tim ;)
hehe... too bad it would cost lots of money.

South Africa sounds very cool.
If you are going to incorporate option 1 and you can afford to combine it with option 2, that sounds like it would be heaps of fun. ...and then at least you'd get something positive out of the situation :)

Anonymous said...

I reckon you deserve 5