Thursday, June 19, 2008

Transport woes update

Well, I took the 3 month option. This is my current mode of transport:


It makes things difficult, especially in Melbourne's winter. But it's no big deal really. its just not what I'm used to. I don't think you could really categorise having to get to work by: motorised pushbike, public transport, and charitable loved one, a hardship.

I certainly don't feel any remorse or guilt over the incidents that put me in this situation. Travelling slightly faster than an arbitrary speed limit, on roads and in situations that could safely handle a much higher speed, is not what I would call criminal or being a bad citizen. In fact what I would call it is a cynical money making exercise. Or at best, that I was the victim of being caught in a trap designed for somebody else. Sort of collateral damage in the war against hooning.

Anyway it will only last 'till the middle of September. Then beckons springtime in the hills around Melbourne, astride my lovely Ducati.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ouch! (Melbourne winter is why I still haven't brought a bike!)

Neb said...

Sorry you've lost your motorbike...

But just think of how great your legs will look in three month's time! You'll really be able to kick arse down at Vic Roads! ;)